Old May 30th 04, 12:44 AM
garmonboezia

Default A not so great biking day.....(kinda long)

"Roger Zoul" wrote in news:10bi0ni29d7ka97
@corp.supernews.com:

Rolf design 700c twin spoke design

If you do decide to have a wheel built, I would recommend a 36 hole hollow
section rim with a three cross lace for the spokes. I like Mavic, Sun, or
Velocity rims personally. Maybe go with a mountain hub. Yes that's kind
of old school, but it's also bombproof. A good hand built wheel can take
wheel-killer potholes and remain true. You definitely want to choose the
builder carefully. A good builder will want you to bring the bike in after
about 100 miles or so to retension the wheels. Depending on what parts are
chosen, $160 should cover it. Ready built wheels might be available for
about that or even a little cheaper. I know that sounds like a lot but I
suspect that the wheels that were spec'd with your Specialized would cost
about that bought separately.

Mike