Old May 31st 04, 06:00 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Default A not so great biking day.....(kinda long)

Indeed, in consulting the oracle, the fount of all knowledge, it seems I was
correct :-)

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/gloss_ca-m.html#clipless

"Up until the late '80s, the choice was between plain pedals or pedals with toe
clips and straps. Since "clipless" pedals provided a way to have a secure
attachment to the pedal without the use of toe clips, the name stuck, even
though it is sometimes confusing to newcomers."

If Sheldon agrees with me, then that's fine by me :-)

Cheers, helen s

**$om $