Old December 26th 03, 03:00 PM
clarky44

Default At Last!!!!!!!!!!!

Simon Brooke wrote:
[ I think one can get way too obsessed with clothing for cycling. In the
years when I did the sort of cycling you're doing now (i.e. a regular
commute to work over about six to twelve miles) I wore just whatever I
would be wearing for work anyway, and took a change of t-shirt (it's
only your underneath most layer that gets sweaty unless you're going a
long way). I used to keep a change of shoes in my locker at work,
because if you're going to cycle, proper cycling shoes are worth it (and
the ones I used in those days you *definitely* couldn't walk in).
--
(Simon Brooke)
http://www.jasmine.org.uk/~simon/htt...org.uk/~simon/

Thanks for the help. When I go back to work in the New Year I'll try t
wear just normal gear and leave some spare clothes etc at work. You
right - I think you can get too obsessed

Went on on my usual mountain bike today to burn off the turkey an
pudding and found it like a dream to ride. Mind you I have become use
to the comfort of the saddle on the commuter

Thanks again

Stev

-