Old November 27th 05, 09:23 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Default RANS Rocket winter riding

Tony Raven wrote:
Steve W wrote:
Store it on it's wheels and ride it "occasionally" during the winter.
After all that's what a bike is for!!

I thought they were for riding all year round myself ;-)

Having owned and ridden a RANS Rocket in the snow, I suggest that one
will want a pair of these studded tires [1] for riding in climates
where there is snow and/or ice on the ground. Light snow on rural roads
can be handled with normal tires, but anything more is questionable. I
have not tried them, but the good folks at Calhoun Cycle have
experience in bicycle ice racing, so I expect they know what works.

[1]
http://www.calhouncycle.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=478&idcategory=115.

--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley