Old March 6th 16, 01:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joerg[_2_]

Default StarPerĂș DESTROYED the bicycle

On 2016-02-28 10:37, W. Wesley Groleau wrote:
On 02-27-2016 19:51, Joerg wrote:
That's one type of union toss. I've once seen my stuff being chucked
out
of an airliner right onto the tarmac ... THWACK.

On one flight, they demanded a gate check of my backpack. I removed my
computer first. Instead of sliding it onto the roller-ramp through the
hole designed for that purpose, he picked up over the rail and dropped
it four feet.

I hope you reported that employee.

"Hey, I just saw someone drop a backpack more than a meter!"
"Who?"
"I don't know his name; the guy picking up the gate checks."
"Well, we can't do much without a name, but I'll pass it on."

And no doubt the result was a pep talk about as meaningful as the one
about camp rules in the movie Meatballs.

How many times has some TV show "exposed" this sort of behavior? Has it
stopped happening?

When something similar happened at a hotel (they actually threw
something in the trash and it was gone) I did not give up and had that
escalated quite far. Later I received an international phone call and
upon inquiring whether they made sure that the guy won't do it again the
HR person said "He certainly can't since he now no longer works for us".

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/