Old January 22nd 09, 12:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Initial Report: Rohloff 500/14 Speedhub

On 22 jan, 12:32, Andre Jute wrote:
On Jan 22, 7:19*am, wrote:

On 22 jan, 03:01, Tom Ace wrote:

On Jan 21, 5:12*am, Andre Jute wrote:
The 7-8 shift issue is not a big deal. *And if your serial number =
33000,
you get gear 11 rather than 14 in the middle of a 7-8 shift.

Yes, it is off road goddammit.

Lou

I'm teaching myself consciously to lift between gearchanges. Better to
be aware in advance that it could happen and to adapt your riding
style to prevent it ever happening, than to find out with headlights
glaring at you and screeching tyres...or whatever the off-road
equivalent is (in the ditch with the thorny branches?).

Andre Jute
Ein perfektes Sorglos-Rad für Schöngeister

Off road you not always can see what is coming and you have to shift
immediately. Going from the 8th gear to the 11th instead of the 7th is
a PIA. Shifting under pressure, as you mentioned, is disapointing. You
always have to back up a little, something I wasn't use to with a rear
derailleur.

Lou