Old July 16th 14, 05:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.soc
nick

Default Unwise to try to damage wingmirrors of cars

On Wed, 16 Jul 2014 17:27:14 +0100, JNugent wrote:

Like you, I only know what I read in that article.

Yet you manage to refine more out of it than its contents warrant.

After all, the story alleges that the cyclist admitted to having damaged
a wing mirror with his fist.

No it does not.

The cyclist admits to having raised his hand instinctively. Why should this
not be a defensive action rather than the aggressive 'fist' you imply?
('Fist', as someone else has already pointd out, is a word you have chosen to
use and it does not appear anywhere in the report.)

Which particular component of "the story alleges that the cyclist
admitted to having damaged a wing mirror with his fist" are you unable
to accept?

The entire fact - nowhere is the word "fist" used.

Methinks JNugent is but a pale imitation of Maradonna.