Old July 8th 03, 03:55 AM
mtbchip

Default Pre-4th of July ride with pics.

in article , Michael Paul at
wrote on 7/7/03 11:43 AM:

Miles (No J.D., he wasn't on the SS but took out the geared Sycip for this
one) had an unexpected day off from work so he called me up about 9:00 to
see if I wanted to get out for a ride. Since I had bailed on him for our
regular night ride the night before I quickly said yes and we made
arrangements to meet at the trail by 10:00.

The one problem with that, as you local Californians will know, is that it
already was unbelievably HOT by 9:00 and sure to get even warmer while on
the trail. It didn't help that the canyon we were planning on riding is
well inland and gets quite toasty on even a warm day.

I can testify to that, I went with a group that started at 7:00 at the same
location. At the end of the ride around 9:40, everyone agree that it would
be a little nuts to start a ride now. Little did I know MP was converging
on the trail for a 10:00 AM ride......yikes....... IT WAS VERY hot!
mtbchip