Old July 29th 06, 09:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Learning with the news

Reading the News Papers you can learn something as :
"Kaye, Landis's doctor, said a cyclist would not benefit from taking
testosterone. "If you take a look at the facts of the case, first off it
makes absolutely no sense that a professional cyclist would be taking
testosterone in the first place," he said. "That never ever would enhance
your performance. In fact, it would make you slower.""
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/29/sp...ef=othersports

or the opposite :
"forensic toxicologist in Nashville and author of the book ``Drug Testing in
Sports'' questioned the assertion by some experts that it would not make
sense for suspended Tour de France winner Floyd Landis to have taken
testosterone for a quick boost of energy and strength before his Stage 17
breakaway....
I have injected myself with testosterone in doing research, and I can tell
you from personal experience that within hours, you feel a profound
psychological change, a sense of well-being, aggression and energy," Black
said.
"You feel strong and powerful. And your endurance is definitely improved.
So, it's not peculiar to me that a cyclist would take testosterone after a
bad day. What does seem peculiar is that an athlete of that caliber would
put himself at such great risk, knowing that they test for testosterone."
http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercu...s/15153880.htm
****
I hope it is clear now ?
Cristal !