Old April 21st 08, 06:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
leebossa

Default Your thoughts on MUSIC (speakers) on an organized ride?

if you're alone, fine...but not in a group. It's rude and totally
inconsiderate.

usually i see people with those and they are usually riding beatup old
bikes or landriders, smoking while they ride and go abouat 2 miles an
hour; they listen to yakking talk shows or really bad music.

Bill Sornson wrote:
Hell And High Water wrote:
Several times lately, during organized rides, I've seen people with
speakers mounted on their bikes, playing loud music.

Sometimes they're very small. Just an ipod and some tiny speakers,
but I can still hear them from a bit of a distance.

This past weekend, some guy had a fairly large speaker mounted on the
back of his bike. (Facing backwards, BTW)

What are your thoughts on this?

I kind of like the quiet of a country ride, and would prefer them to
keep it to themselves.

Definitely rude and inconsiderate. Once went on a mtb ride with a guy who
had speakers in his Camelbak, playing the same Led Zeppelin song over and
over and over. I and a few others wanted to kill him.

BS