Old April 22nd 08, 04:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Percival Cornelius[_2_]

Default Your thoughts on MUSIC (speakers) on an organized ride?

Hell And High Water and I are about to drop the following dope collabo::

This past weekend, some guy had a fairly large speaker mounted on the
back of his bike. (Facing backwards, BTW)

What are your thoughts on this?

I kind of like the quiet of a country ride, and would prefer them to
keep it to themselves.

It depends on the context of the ride. Believe it or not, not all group
rides take place in the country. On urban social bike rides like LA's
Midnight Ridazz, and often on Critical Mass and other urban rides, one or
more of the riders will pull a powerful sound system on a trailer and play
celebratory music for the group. I've never heard any of the riders
complain.

--
Percival Cornelius