Old April 16th 07, 12:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
PiledHigher

Default Mechanics carefully drill...

On Apr 16, 4:56 pm, "
wrote:
On Apr 16, 7:07 am, "PiledHIgher" wrote:

Not sure that I like the idea of a hole through my stem, particularly
not for Paris-Roubaix!

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/20...index.php?id=/...

Why would they do that? Sacrifice stem integrity so you can use canti
brakes? Doesn't seem like a wise trade-off to me. In Paris-Roubaix,
the only thing you need good brakes for is to avoid crashes from
people who's stems broke off on the pave!

Joseph

Seems like it might be a better call on a muddy Roubaix, it was very
dry this year, seems extra strange.
\
Surely someone still makes an old skool stem with a properly
integrated hole?