Old July 25th 05, 03:59 PM
jtaylor

Default Where to get HippieSlick?

"Paul A. Steckler" wrote in message

Why do I want it? Because I do a fair number of trips
by air with my bikes and technically, you're not supposed
to bring flammable materials, like oil-based chain lubes,
aboard commercial flights.

Technically, flammable means having a flash-point below 100 degrees F.

Technically, both lithium greases (commonly used on bicycles) and
propretary chain lubricants have typical flash points above 400 degrees F.

And it would be interesting to hear what is responsible for the presumed
lubricating qualities of this "HippieSlick" if it is not an OIL derived from
the soybean.

Practically, the droid at the airline counter will not bother, and neither
should you.

Don't forget to let the air out of your tyres...