Old December 13th 18, 07:55 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling
Fred Johnson

Default Blue railway signals?

On Thu, 13 Dec 2018 18:02:36 -0000, Max Demian wrote:

On 13/12/2018 16:57, Steve Walker wrote:
On 13/12/2018 16:42, Fred Johnson wrote:
Can anybody else remember blue traffic lights on railways? Can't find
any evidence on google. I'm sure whereas cars have red/amber/green,
railways always had a 4th blue light. What does it mean and why has
it disappeared from Google?

Never heard of it.

4 (& 5)-aspect signals have always had red, green and two ambers as far
as I know.

I know that the semaphore signals had lenses that were red and blue, but
they definitely showed as red and green when lit from behind by
yellowish oil lamps at night.

The glass in green traffic signals used to look blue to me - when they
had the dual-filament tungsten lamps.

I've never seen that. What year are you referring to?