Old November 25th 10, 10:41 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Default Oxford cyclists too dim to take the break that was offered

Tony Raven wrote:
"Mrcheerful" wrote:
In the Oxford crackdown on unlit cycles which netted 106 unlit bikes
in a
very short time, the police issued 30pound FPNs, but agreed to waive
that if
a receipt for bike lights was produced in 7 days. The receipt was
stamped
by the police. The cyclists have then been returning the lights and
asking
for refunds!! The police have asked that any shop that refunds for
the
lights get and pass on names and addresses of the serial lawbreakers
so that
a 60 pound fpn can be issued.
http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/archive/...g_light_fines/

Mrcheerful

Order them on-line and return them under the 7 day rule. Bypasses the
local police and shops completely. I think Oxford students might be a
tad less dim than you.

aah, so you have to be clever to be a serial law breaking cyclist, glad I am
not in that case.