Old October 22nd 04, 08:43 PM
B i l l S o r n s o n

Bill Baka wrote:
On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 17:39:08 GMT, B i l l S o r n s o n
wrote:

Badger_South wrote:

There are two highs (ime) in running. One is the weird and wonderful
sensation where you go from being just about blown up at 90 minutes
in, and suddenly you are kicking ass and feel like you could run
forever...er, jog that is (6-7 min/mile pace)

I gotta call bull**** here, Badg. 6-7 minute/mile pace is hardly
"jogging" -- 9 minutes in much less 90! (Works out to a ~3-hour
marathon,
easily good enough to qualify for Boston if I'm not mistaken.)

Bill "you're not THAT super, man" S.

I was going to just watch all the flaming here but a 9 minute mile
is easy. I was in the Boy Scouts around 1960 (61?) and one of the
things we were taught was how to do a 9 minute mile as a group. It
was run slowly for xx seconds then walk for xx seconds and repeat
as needed, all day even. My group came in just 4 seconds under
9 minutes and nobody was even breathing that hard. What I have
noticed is that all the biking never gets me to a high and I wouldn't
want to be there anyway since if I got there I would probably
bliss out and crash. Different activities need different approaches.

For God's sake Bill learn to read. Badger was talking about 6-7 minute
miles *90 minutes* into a run. I said that pace was hardly "jogging" even
*9* minutes into a run, much less 90. I never mentioned 9-minute miles at
all. (It's just a coincidence that that was my pace no matter HOW long I
ran! )

Bill "slow and steady (may not win the race, but gets there)" S.