Old March 20th 18, 06:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tosspot[_3_]

Default How long should pedals last?

On 19/03/18 20:46, sms wrote:
Yesterday one of the pedals on my road bike started making noise. By the
end of the ride there was a large amount of play on the pedal axle. I
was waiting for the whole thing to disintegrate but I made it home.

I ordered some new MKS pedals this morning, but I'm wondering what kind
of mileage I should get out of a set of pedals. These are the original
pedals that came with my Specialized Sirrus. They are plaform pedals,
since I prefer toe-clips to SPD.

Shimano PD-M324 SPDs are my preferred weapon of choice, I reckon 7-10
years, or about 20,000 miles all weather riding. I have to say, one set
gave up at around the 5 year mark, which was disappointing.

snip