Old October 18th 14, 07:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default Tail Lights with 180 Degree Visibility that mount to the rackmount like dynamo tail lights?

On Saturday, October 18, 2014 4:59:16 AM UTC+1, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Fri, 17 Oct 2014 18:28:15 -0700 (PDT), Andre Jute wrote:

I have the Line Plus and have stopped using the Cateye Cateye

TL-LD1100 because it is no longer the best rear lamp.

http://www.bumm.de/produkte/dynamo-ruecklicht/toplight-line-plus.html

Nice tail light, but I don't see any side lighting in the photos. I

think Stephen and I want something with side lights as in 180 degree

visibility.

In the place of the Cateye TL-LD1100's side-facing LEDs, the Linetec lamps bend the light by a lens. It has adequate sidethrow. This cheap-looking piece of plastic is in fact the best reasonably priced rear lamp generally available today. At or around the same price only the Philips Saferide is possibly better, and good luck with sourcing one. At a very much higher price a Dinotte may be superior.

Andre Jute

Illuminati

One must suffer before enlightenment. If you've ever used a

departement store bicyle light, you already know suffering.

I'm not big on suffering, as in my profession it involves living in an unheated garret on a moldy crust of bread and cold water. Instead I've been an exile for more than two thirds of my life; I trust that will be acceptible as substitute suffering.

Andre Jute
TGIF