Old December 4th 17, 02:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
John B.[_3_]

Default AG: Salutatory fear

On Sun, 3 Dec 2017 19:09:04 -0500, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 12/3/2017 5:26 PM, Joy Beeson wrote:

Back in the eighties, I took a Youth Hostel tour of southern England.
After we'd been there a couple of weeks, I skillfully executed a
perfect left turn -- and found myself on the opposite side of the road
from my companions.

I had stopped being nervous about riding on the "wrong" side of the
road.

I had the same experience, but driving a car. Far scarier.

It was a business trip, and my colleague had promised he would drive
back to the hotel from the pub, since I'd been doing all of the driving
till then. But he lost his nerve when it was time to leave and made me
drive. I'd had two beers, and perhaps that was the reason for my mistake.

I corrected immediately, of course, but I shudder to think of the
consequences if there had been traffic.

I found that the problem was most noticeable when approaching a
"round-about" (rotary traffic circle). "Which way! Which way!
--
Cheers,

John B.