Old November 29th 07, 07:00 AM posted to aus.bicycle
G-S

Default Simple bikes for local transport

brucef wrote:
On Nov 28, 4:39 pm, G-S wrote:
brucef wrote:
If you can come up with a simple bike like this, with maybe
3 or 5 hub gears for under $200 I will buy three.

So would I

If you can only keep it to around $400 I'd have to keep it to 1 though.

The price point is tricky. It falls somewhere between a kmart special
at about $150 and a low-end name brand bike with reasonable quality
parts, like a giant elwood or upland, which starts at about $400.

True, and whilst the Elwood isn't exciting or note worthy it actually
works pretty well for general pootling around, and can be adapted for
short/medium distance commuting pretty easily.

I reckon they would sell like crazy at $200, above $300 it gets a bit
dicey.

I have to agree...

G-S