Old May 11th 06, 07:45 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Default My latest whinge...

Andrew Price wrote:

I suspect the next big policy push will be to get individuals to take some
preventitive measures for the good of their own health and the collective
public benefit

You mispelt punative!
- and there may even be some tax or financial incentives given to encourage that.

lol. Maybe your grandkids might.

Here is a practical problem; deskjobs; are you supposed to spend two
hours each evening working out at the gym to keep fit?

I devined that from a paper presented to the Sydney
Institute a few weeks ago by Julia Gillard - and it matters not which
political party proffers it - if it has sufficient public/taxpayer appeal it
has a good chance of being adopted by whichever o.

If this sort of stuff was ever likely, then we'd have a serious bicyel
commuting network everywhere and not the share bike/pedestrian deathtraps.

Yep, I'm cynical, but when there are more bicycles sold each year than
motor vehicles and we have zip facilities, it makes it clear what is
really going to happen.

And by way of further example, that recent 24hr mtb race effort of yours
will have inspired a fair bit of uplifted activity among the readers here -
so keep going well you!

Actually, 24hr races are not encouraging people to get off their butt.
they all seem headed for elite idiots who make great TV. If these sort
of events want to encourage "active involvement" they need to cater more
for the fun rider, e.g no single track, multiple bridges, different
grades, etc.