Old December 9th 03, 07:59 PM
Hellbent Rick

Default ARBR has gone downhill

It's rather ironic that the off topic subjects are the ones with the longest
threads. Makes you wonder if the subject of recumbents is boring. Perhaps
it's the same old stupid crap regurgitated year after year. How many times
do we have to read about numb feet? Or how about Pedaling techniques or
"What type of outfit should I wear with my stupid looking bent?" Or how
about the age old question that every Rabid Dork ponders at, "Wouldn't I
look cool with a propeller mounted on my stupid helmet?" However, all these
subjects are below my threshold of pain. It's not the people here
expressing their off-topic, bed-wetting political views, it's stupid
subjects such as, " I place a catheter on my penis so that I can relieve
myself without stopping to **** like a 'normal human being'. So who's going
to 'One-up' on that statement and confess, "Well I too have a catheter and
have even made a hole in the bottom of my seat so that I can crap heehee,
good thing I got Planet bike fenders,heeehee." At first glance these
statements sound hilarious, but these people are dead serious!!

R. Horwitz
www.hellbentcycles.com

"Al Kubeluis" wrote in message
Hello Bikers,
I have practically stopped using arbr because of off topic stuff and
personal attacks and nit picking. OT has almost destroyed arbr.
The attacks on Bryan Ball re his sign off message are another example

of
the venom and nit picking of a few on this group.
(Bryan contributes immensely to recumbents and cycling with his
Bentrideronline.)
Ed Dolan started out in good humor to counter liberal biases on arbr,
but he has over done it.
But Ed Dolan is not the only, or even main, OT poster. Tom Sherman,

for
one, posts many liberal OT posts.
I'm just plain sick of OT posts. Yes, one filters posts, but is it
worthwhile, especially when there are good alternatives as Bentrideronline
and Yahoo Groups.
There are many here who focus on biking and contribute worthwhile

ideas,
humor, and friendship, but these folks are getting drowned in a sea of
politics and personal attacks and nit picking that has nothing to do with
biking.
Those who want to talk politics, go to a politics newsgroup.
Those that want to fight, email duel.
And those that need to show how clever they are, go to a Mensa group.
Try to recall those that you really like and who have left arbr over

the
years or who hardly post any more and ask "Why?".
Sincerely,
Al Kubeluis