Old September 10th 03, 12:10 PM
Brunswick_kate

Default Bikes Running Red Lights

Andrew Swan wrote:
Another thread talked about cops running red lights. This prompts me to
ask, do you run red lights:
((i) if I've been waiting ages and they haven't changed (which is
actually legal, as the in-road sensors can't always [never?] detect
bikes and not all lights are on a timer all day)

As you mention, this isn't illegal.

I do cop to having done "rolling stop signs" on the bike trails but upon
reflection, have decided it's pretty hypocritical of me to run those and
then bitch about people on bikes ignoring the rules they don't like.
Solution: I'm giving up the sections of the cycling path where these
stop signs are every 200 m through a residential neighbourhood and
sticking to the road ways where I won't be inconvenienced by the
continuous stop and go thing.

Hope you've got room on that soapbox for 2 because I'm right
there with you.

--
Insanity has its price -- Please have exact change.