Old November 25th 08, 11:32 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tholub

Default KH / Schlumpf Geared 24" mountain unicycling

munirocks;1138165 wrote:

What would you guys do, if you had to make this decision? What do you
think is the easiest one for getting into guni and shifting on the fly?

Shifting on the fly just takes practice; it doesn't really matter what
the wheel size is. Shorter cranks make it easier for most people.

I've just set up a Schlumpf 29er with a 29x2.3" MUni tire and the
dual-drill 125/150 KH Moment cranks. I think that's about as versatile
a setup as you can imagine. In 125mm geared mode, it's fast enough to
compete in Ride The Lobster. In 150mm ungeared mode, it rides pretty
much like a MUni. It fits in the trunk and it's easy to take on a plane
(at least relative to a Coker).

--
tholub