Old August 27th 06, 06:54 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tomblackwood

Default Red Menace 36 update

Ha ha ha...I got to be the second human to ride this baby after Pete
christened it in my neighborhood today. I am here to testify that it is
one sweet machine, and if anything rides better than it looks, which is
saying a lot. Pete is a guy who likes his engineering precise, and it
really shows in this latest and finest example of his design. Purple
Phaze is nice, but this is nicer.

The gearing today was 1:1.4, giving it an effective 50" wheel size. I
wish I could have had more time to get comfortable with the gearing and
really crank it up, but I was pretty timid. After a summer of direct
drive coker cranking in prep for the 'MS-150'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=51208), the gearing
felt really strange, even with the ride being super smooth. The uni
wasn't jerky, but I sure was. Still, I made it up the block and back
including a fairly tight u-turn, with no UPD.

Signing off now, while saying silent prayers I'll get another, longer
shot on the Red Menace sometime in the future.

--
tomblackwood

Tailgate at your own risk...

UNICYCLING to fight Multiple Sclerosis...click 'here'
(http://tinyurl.com/px9q9) to help.