Old May 8th 09, 09:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Lou Holtman[_3_]

Default Park Tool Master Link Pliers for chains

Arthur Shapiro schreef:
In article , Andre Jute wrote:
Park Tool Master Link Pliers for chains

Anyone bought one or used one?

I borrowed this tool a couple weeks ago after a fellow club rider heard my
tale of being unable to open the link on my KMC chain and mentioned he had
the unfamiliar product.

Alas for me, when I used the tool I somehow managed to shear the pin from one
half of the master link. Guess it was just a freak thing, but it forced me to
purchase a replacement Connex link at about 20% of the cost of a new chain.
So I now have a silver link in an otherwise gold chain.

It certainly seems like a reaonable product, as these fancy links don't always
open as readily as you'd think they would.

I can't imagine that anyone need pliers to open a Connex link.

Lou