Old May 17th 17, 05:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

Default pliers for spokes

On Tue, 16 May 2017 16:28:25 -0700, Mark J.
wrote:
On 5/16/2017 6:57 AM, Gabriele Russo wrote:
Does it exist a tool (pliers?) for clamping round spokes and avoiding
twisting? Anything like the blade wrench used for truing wheels with
aero spokes? Thanks.

In my experience (which could be wrong), no. I've tried to kludge
together a prototype, with no success.

Instead,...

snip

In addition to those good suggestions, push the rim towards the spoke
you are tightening to temporarily reduce the tension on it. Usualy
spoke twist happens as the tension gets high and the threads of the
spoke and the threads of the nipple have a lot of friction against each
other. This is more common with aluminum nipples, because they are
softer (one of several reasons not to use them).