Old July 24th 20, 06:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_12_]

Default Exeter road rage driver banned for mowing down cyclist in Tescocar park

On 24/07/2020 17:45, JNugent wrote:
On 24/07/2020 15:57, TMS320 wrote:

On 24/07/2020 14:51, JNugent wrote:
On 24/07/2020 08:34, TMS320 wrote:
On 24/07/2020 00:10, JNugent wrote:

Serious question:

What business do cyclists have in car parks?

To get to the shop.

A car-park isn't a highway.

Â*
I suppose you might call it a type of pavement though.

I suppose you might call it the only way to get from a public road to
a shop.

Have you ever seen a supermarket which didn't have a clearly-marked
pedestrian route from the entrance point to the shop doors?

No, me neither.

So what business would a cyclist have in the parts of the car-park
marked off for the parking of motor-vehicles?

But that's only one sort of car-park. What about municipal and similar
open-air car-parks not attached to a particular venue but instead
serving a town centre in general? Or multi-story "parking structures" as
some of our friends and relatives call them?

Groan... "storey"...

What legitimate business do either cyclists or non-car-occupant
pedestrians have in those?