Old September 19th 05, 05:50 PM
Simon Brooke

Default another charity cyclist dies

in message .com,
MartinM ') wrote:

from the Metro;

"a 37 year old father of one police officer collapsed and died whilst
taking part in a 100 mile bike ride in North Devon. The rider was half
way through the event when he collapsed whilst riding up a steep hill.
The remaining 55 policemen on the ride decided to continue".

and on the same day 4 participants in the Great North Run also died.

Everybody dies. I've just got back from a friend's father's funeral.
Death is not a tragedy, it's just an inevitable event. And, given that
one is going to die, is it better to die suddenly while doing something
you enjoy, or slowly and lingeringly, in a hospital bed, surrounded by
unfamiliar people and pumped full of a slew of medicines?

Earlier this year a person I knew slightly - a close friend of my
sister's - died of a heart attack while climbing Everest. I had very
mixed feelings; that is not at all a bad way to go.

;; If God does not write LISP, God writes some code so similar to
;; LISP as to make no difference.