Old February 27th 09, 06:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc

Default King Cage - Bottle Cage Failures

On Feb 25, 9:33*pm, Steve Sr. wrote:
Hello,

A while back I put 2 King Cage (www.kingcage.com) stainless steel
watter bottle cages on my regular road bike. About a month ago on a
ride the seat tube cage broke at the bottom mounting bracket weld. Now
inspecting the other cage it is about to fail as well in the same
manner. Looks like metal fatigue.

Have any of you seen this before? Other than the durability issue
these seem to be nice cages.

Are there any other stainless steel cages that are more durable?

Thanks,

Steve

****can those King cages and get yerself summa thoze Nitto "R" cages
that are shaped like an hourglass. I'll bet that one of those gems
has never failed in real-life. Sure, they're pricey compared to other
non-CFRP cages but there prolly ain't a more beautiful and functional
piece of bike crap in the whole world. Plus which, they really aren't
that expensive compared to the CFRP ones that most idiots buy today.