Old January 6th 05, 12:05 PM
Eiron

Colin Blackburn wrote:

A west London road may be stripped of its kerb, traffic lights and signs
in an attempt to encourage pedestrians and cars to mingle.

Exhibition Road in Kensington has been chosen for the "naked road"
experiment - a scheme pioneered in Holland.

If Kensington council wants to spend money on roads it could start
by fixing the drains in the High Street.
It was like a river last time I was there.

As a pedestrian, cyclist, motorcyclist and driver, I am quite
confident that such a scheme will do nobody any good and will
cause accidents.

--
Eiron.