Old September 21st 17, 05:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

Default Build it and they won't come

On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 09:32:50 +0700, John B wrote:

One might speculate on how many of the posters here, who are
gainfully employed, do not own a car, do not use public
transportation, and rely solely on a bicycle for transportation?

LOL. My two person household owns three cars, eight bikes. My wife
walks to work practically every day (3 miles each way) and takes the
bus if she doesn't walk. She probably drives to work less than 5 times
a year and that is for a specific reason like having to leave from work
to do something for which the bus, riding or walking is impractical. I
ride to work or walk to work about 25% of the time (I work in two
locations a day- the closest are less than a mile from home and the
farthest are 30 miles from home; several are within feasible riding
distance from home and from each other so I *could* ride to work more
than I do).