Old October 5th 17, 12:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

Default DRIVERLESS ELECTRIC CARS

On Wed, 4 Oct 2017 14:36:59 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Wednesday, October 4, 2017 at 9:52:38 AM UTC-7, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Wed, 4 Oct 2017 07:54:47 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

OH JOY
https://www.nytimes.com/video/techno...rless-car.html

"Bikes May Have To Talk To Self-Driving Cars For Safety's Sake"
http://www.npr.org/sections/alltechconsidered/2017/07/24/537746346/bikes-may-have-to-talk-to-self-driving-cars-for-safetys-sake
I guess the next step is a semi-self-driving-bicycle that detects road
and vehicle hazards and takes over control of the bicycle if it
detects something dangerous or unsafe.

Hint:
- Would you fly in an autonomous airplane?
- Would you ride in a self driving bus or train?
- How do you feel in a driverless elevator?
- Would you really want to do the same in an automobile or bicycle?

Google Fairfield and Pittsburgh are over the horizon definitive,

Nothing found.

both ignore the now fact we can't hear an electric car

"Electric cars are now required to make noise at low speeds so they
don’t sneak up and kill us"
https://www.theverge.com/2016/11/16/13651106/electric-car-noise-nhtsa-rule-blind-pedestrian-safety
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_vehicle_warning_sounds

Sample sounds:
https://web.archive.org/web/20130306092938/http://www.nhtsa.gov/SampleSounds
I wonder how long it will take for drivers to substitute the sounds of
horses, cattle stampede, steam trains, covered wagons, tanks, toys,
and such?

You didn't answer my question. Do you really want a
semi-self-driving-bicycle? I'm told that it's for your safety.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D