Old January 5th 19, 03:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default Rain or snow - which do you prefer to ride in?

On Friday, January 4, 2019 at 9:50:48 PM UTC-5, AMuzi wrote:
On 1/4/2019 7:47 PM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:

Snipped
Another thing I watch for is melted snow or water that has frozen in the evening or whenever else the temperature has dropped. I have thought about building a folding outrigger-wheel for the winter bike. When there's ice I could drop the third wheel and basically turn the bike into a tricycle.

Cheers

"many drivers or their cars can't handle ice"

The salesman said, "This baby has computer traction control.
You an go through anything." and they believed that. Which
explains so many small 4-wheel drive vehicles in the ditch
after a snowfall.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

That's the truth. I've seen many 4-wheel drive vehicles in ditches or accidents because their driver did not know how to drive to suit the conditions.

Cheers