Old January 6th 19, 03:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default No reason an economist shouldn't be witty

On 1/6/2019 10:44 AM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Sunday, January 6, 2019 at 10:31:58 AM UTC-5, jbeattie wrote:
On Sunday, January 6, 2019 at 2:02:48 AM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
On Sunday, January 6, 2019 at 5:36:05 AM UTC, news18 wrote:
On Sat, 05 Jan 2019 17:57:23 -0800, Andre Jute wrote:

Andre Jute Troll Hunter

Wow, you're a troll doll collector now.

Not at all. I take the view that "a troll" is merely someone expressing a minority opinion two years before it becomes common currency among the same mob who called the prescient fellow a "troll" for disillusioning their smug certainties.

Or alternately, a troll is someone with a histrionic personality disorder, lacking in original thought and recycling ultra-conservative or opposition talking points to gain attention, usually with a flourish here and there just to point out his superior intellect. I think the APA is working on diagnosis of "troll disorder" or "infantile trollism" for DSM-6.

-- Jay Beattie.

From the Urban Dictionary:

"Top definition
Internet Troll
A person whose sole purpose in life is to seek out people to argue with on the internet over extremely trivial issues. Such arguments can happen on blogs, Facebook, Myspace and a host of others.
The best thing you can do to fight an internet troll is to not answer..or report them."

That describes Jute very well.

I think the only person who disagrees is Tom. That in itself is telling.

--
- Frank Krygowski