Old January 6th 19, 04:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default No reason an economist shouldn't be witty

On 1/6/2019 11:06 AM, wrote:
On Sunday, January 6, 2019 at 7:44:56 AM UTC-8, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Sunday, January 6, 2019 at 10:31:58 AM UTC-5, jbeattie wrote:
On Sunday, January 6, 2019 at 2:02:48 AM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
On Sunday, January 6, 2019 at 5:36:05 AM UTC, news18 wrote:
On Sat, 05 Jan 2019 17:57:23 -0800, Andre Jute wrote:

Andre Jute Troll Hunter

Wow, you're a troll doll collector now.

Not at all. I take the view that "a troll" is merely someone expressing a minority opinion two years before it becomes common currency among the same mob who called the prescient fellow a "troll" for disillusioning their smug certainties.

Or alternately, a troll is someone with a histrionic personality disorder, lacking in original thought and recycling ultra-conservative or opposition talking points to gain attention, usually with a flourish here and there just to point out his superior intellect. I think the APA is working on diagnosis of "troll disorder" or "infantile trollism" for DSM-6.

-- Jay Beattie.

From the Urban Dictionary:

"Top definition
Internet Troll
A person whose sole purpose in life is to seek out people to argue with on the internet over extremely trivial issues. Such arguments can happen on blogs, Facebook, Myspace and a host of others.
The best thing you can do to fight an internet troll is to not answer..or report them."

That describes Jute very well.

Cheers

In fact this does not describe Jute whatsoever. It is a perfect description of Slocumb who is telling us about this country while living in another.

:-) But Jute is allowed to tell us about this country while living in
Ireland? Hell, as far as we know, Jute's never even been an American
citizen.

Tom, you're a hoot!

--
- Frank Krygowski