Old March 29th 21, 09:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Rolf Mantel[_2_]

Default Eyc headlight problem

Am 29.03.2021 um 06:22 schrieb Sir Ridesalot:
On Sunday, March 28, 2021 at 6:08:50 p.m. UTC-4, Frank Krygowski wrote:

But as I said, I suspect the problem is internal to the headlamp because
one of the time it shut down, I was stationary. The light was in
standlight mode, during which it gets no external current supply. The
standlight turned off just as suddenly as the main light was doing.

But again, thanks. (I'm hoping that on the bench, powering this with a
6VDC battery should be as valid as powering it with a dynamo.)

Could it be that a faulty sensor is registering something as getting too hot and shutting down even if for a second or so?

More likely a loose element (broken soldering point) on the IC.
At some tail lights, it tended to be the capacitor that broke loose;
I've never heared of it happening to front lights as well.

Rolf