Old January 21st 04, 01:27 PM
Peter Clinch

Default Today's news

Richard Goodman wrote:
According to the Metro, private security guards and street wardens are =

going
to be licenced & empowered to impose =A330 fines on pavement cyclists..=

=2E

Don't have any particular problem with that. It's dangerous and=20
illegal, better not to do it.

Meanwhile, the Evening Standard has a sob-story piece on more drivers =

being
jailed than burglars...

I imagine motorists kill and maim rather more people than burglars, as=20
well as being easier to catch when they've done so. A case of sheer=20
weight of numbers rather than the justice system being the cause, I think=
=2E

for a lot longer than I have, I think the description "light weight fra=

me"
may well be a false description under the Trade Descriptions Act! It
doesn't half weigh a lot ;-)

Frame probably is not *too* heavy in itself. However, the chaincase,=20
hub gears, built in lights, heavy duty mudguards, rack will rather add=20
to the net weight of the whole thing!

Pete.
--=20
Peter Clinch University of Dundee
Tel 44 1382 660111 ext. 33637 Medical Physics, Ninewells Hospital
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
net http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/