Old June 7th 05, 02:23 AM
JohnH

Oh well, looks like a trip to the shop soon.

What caused the damage? We have "Derailurer Hanger Eater Sticks" on the
trails often around here, especially after windstorms. These *******s jump
up and can bust up a drivetrain with surprising ease.

Another common cause for this is to have it in 1st gear and hit a drop - the
chain will fall into the spokes and snap the hanger right off. At least
this cause is preventable

The solution for me has been to carry a spare hanger. The Derailurer Hanger
Eater Sticks can sense them and therefore avoid me now

Despite pretty severe bending, it's unusual for me to see a derailurer which
can't be bent back into useable shape.