Old January 8th 04, 12:00 PM
hippy

Default sport bikes vs road bikes

"cameronn" wrote in message news:s_GKb.613
What are the opinions of sports bikes? For what I can see they have
similar cranksets of a entry-level road-bike, except with the flat
handlebars and a suspension seat post. I would expect that these bikes
should achieve similar performance of a road-bike, but more comfortable
to ride and more suitable on to bike paths.

I'm not sure what a 'sports bike' is but I assume it's one of the newish
'road bikes with flat bars'? I don't think they would be more comfortable
than a road bike with only one hand position versus 5+ positions on the
drop bars of a normal road bike. A suspension seat post could be fitted
to a road bike as well as wider tyres which would probably be better
for rougher bike paths anyway.

The bikes I've looked at a Avanti Blade Sport/Comp Specialized Sirrus
Giant Perigee

Are these road bikes with flat bars or the more upright 'hybrid'
or 'comfort' bikes?

hippy