Old February 18th 04, 06:55 PM
Dan Volker

Default Looking for "Chain-slap" solution...

"Ride-A-Lot" wrote in message

Dan Volker wrote:
On the heavily rooted trails I ride on ( Quiet Waters, Oleta, etc)
the chain on my Trek Liquid 25 starts flopping around like crazy when
I hit race pace speeds through the rough sections. This is not an
issue on trails in North Florida like Croom or Santos ( meaning it
would be a non-issue in N Carolina and other real mountain biking
locations). But for my weekly rides, I need to find a way to reduce
this flopping around. Sometimes the chain will shift itself into the
granny gear, when I "need" to stay in the middle ring. and other
times, when really hammering a rough section, the shifting on the
rear derailer is badly compromised by the flailing chain.

The only possible solution I can think of is removing the Big ring
from the equation, and taking out several links--shortening the
chain, in the hope that this will mean less travel potential for the
chain....I'd rather have a better solution, and am hoping someone has
one...

Dan V

Actually, this is exactly what you are looking for. I use one and never

had
a problem.

http://www.kore-usa.com/dreactor.htm

Thanks,
This looks like a good piece of gear to try.
Regards,
Dan V