Old August 8th 05, 10:28 AM
Dope Control

Default Training Question: Pre-base Training

Thanks jc,

I use an HRM, and have a well-structured approach to my training that
has unfortunately come too late for this season. I didn't get serious
until around March and I've been mixing up lactate sessions on the
trainer with long and short rides of varied intensity on the road,
totalling about 10 hours a week.

My rationale for curtailing my season now is that after such a long
lay-off, if I want to have a really good crack at next season, and
following a racing program for the rest of this season may not be the
best approach.

You make a good point about motivation - looking to peak 7 months form
now is a little unsettling.

I guess what I'm asking is, what would others do with this 'luxury'?

DC