Old February 17th 05, 10:13 AM
Colin Blackburn

Nick Kew wrote:
Tony W wrote:

But if we could
convince a reasonable minority of the population to consider cycling as an
option for *some* journeys of less than,

And for longer journeys, use the IT infrastructure instead. Stop
thinking in terms of the 19th/20th century office, and think of the
job instead. Dragging your body there and back every day is such
a waste of time: leave the roads clear for those with a real reason
to use them.

Unfortunately, for some of us, the IT infrastructure has some of the
same shortcomings as the transport infrastructure. I would love to shift
more of my work to home but until BT can improve my line from its
current 30k baud I am somewhat limited. I can get more bandwidth using
my USB flash card and a car!

Colin