Old January 13th 21, 06:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

Default Winter gear

On Wednesday, January 13, 2021 at 10:18:04 AM UTC-8, jbeattie wrote:
On Wednesday, January 13, 2021 at 10:00:23 AM UTC-8, AMuzi wrote:
On 1/13/2021 10:13 AM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 1/13/2021 12:23 AM, Joy Beeson wrote:

Man, I miss stopping at Sweet Dreams when I'm almost home
after a
Saturday ride, to buy a sandwich and get out of cooking
supper. But
they are open only in tourist season anyway.

You have tourists? Wow! We don't have tourists.

All these years of r.b.t. and NO ONE wants to pack up the
station wagon, drive across the country to cruise your
street and wave?

If that Great American Rail-Trail goes through his village, it will be come a cyclo-tourist Mecca!

Actually, some of the towns on the old TransAm route seemed to be hanging on due to the flow of cyclists back in the '70s and '80s. I remember stopping at a store in Jeffrey City, Wyoming and hearing store clerk complain about the cyclists being a bunch of hippies and whale-savers responsible for closing their uranium mines. This sto https://media.istockphoto.com/videos...3504?s=640x640

That's what happens when you're mean to the cyclo-tourists. You become a ghost town.

-- Jay Beattie.

I suppose this is a possibility. When we used to ride down the coast when we stopped at general stores and the like to get sandwiches and drinks it was unusual for cars to be much of a customer base.