Old January 18th 21, 08:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Rolf Mantel[_2_]

Default Winter gear

Am 15.01.2021 um 23:11 schrieb :
But when it rains in Des Moines, it RAINS. Inch or two or three.
Not the piddley hundredth of an inch it rains in Seattle. Seattle
gets everything wet but its not really rain. Nothing floods. Iowa
floods its creeks, streams, rivers couple times a year.

My most impressive rain was in New Orleans. It was raining two inches
per hour, with the pumps pumping away one inch per hour (New Orleans is
below river level). There was no flooding (as in moving water) but by
lunchtime I was only able to cross the street because I was wearing
shorts, with the water going up to well above my knees.
The owner of local restaurant being flooded mentioned this kind of thing
happening once every couple of years.