Old April 15th 07, 10:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James Thomson

Default Stem for Cannondale F700

"richard" a écrit:

Hi, and hope someone can give me a bit of help/advice. I
own a Cannondale mountain bike, F700 which is about 3
years old. I need a bit more rise to get into a more comfortable
riding position. I've added a 2" rise handlebar which is -almost-
where it's really comfy. My question is: will any clamp on stem,
with a bit more rise, fit this bike or due to the suspension
lockout lever on top of the current stem, will only a Cannondale
specific stem work?

It's not the lever, but the diameter of the steerer tube that's the problem.
The headshok steerer diameter is unique to Cannondale, so you need to use a
Cannondale stem, or one of the few Headshok-compatible stems made by other
manufacturers, such as Syncros, Profile, Roox, Kore, or Syntace.

A Syntace VRO would give you a lot of options:

http://www.syntace.com/index.cfm?pid=3&pk=428

James Thomson