Old June 23rd 17, 07:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default New Chainline

On Friday, June 23, 2017 at 9:30:15 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
You may recall old fashioned chainline:
http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfr...st/chnlinp.jpg

Here are new ones:
https://cyclingindustry.news/shimano...ine-alignment/

including floating sprocket and hinged sprocket.

I love patent-speak: "a plurality of rear sprockets." Patent-writers use "a plurality of" instead of "one or more." Its epidemic. https://www.google..com/patents/US2935915 "Gas-operated automatic rifle having a plurality of barrels."

I have a plurality of teeth in my mouth. I even have a plurality of bicycles at home. I'm going to speak entirely in patent-speak from now on, just to confuse the beggars downtown. "Do you have a dollar?" "Well, yes, the subject has a plurality of dollars arranged variously in a wallet, said dollars correspondingly unavailable for distribution as illustrated in figure 1.."

-- Jay Beattie.