Old April 12th 18, 01:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default Desperate needs = desperate but workable solution

On Wednesday, April 11, 2018 at 4:13:23 PM UTC-7, sms wrote:
On 4/10/2018 7:04 AM, jbeattie wrote:
On Monday, April 9, 2018 at 9:39:31 PM UTC-7, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
Just before leaving for an important appointment Monday I discovered my rear tire was flat. Didn't have a spare tube and needed to leave within minutes. Pulled off the clincher tire and tube and put on a spare tubular tire I had hanging around. Worked perfectly and allowed me to make the appointment on time. Weird combination = tubular tire on a clincher rim but it worked well enough to get me to and from the appointment.

Cheers

O.K., you do understand that the amazing part of this story is that you didn't have a spare tube but you had a tubular tire sitting around?

I think that a significant part of my garage is taken up with spare
tubes. Recently bought a load of high-end tubes when I could get them at
60% off retail. It's morally wrong to pay more than $3 for a tube but if
you have to buy them on the spur of the moment you can pay $10 each.

Bike Gallery just had its annual sale with standard tubes for $2 a pop, but I was in SLC and missed the sale. I'll have to make due until next year.

-- Jay Beattie.