Old April 26th 18, 02:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default Rigid, yet flexible

On Thursday, April 26, 2018 at 4:50:14 AM UTC+1, James wrote:
On 23/04/18 15:24, Andre Jute wrote:
On Monday, April 23, 2018 at 12:47:57 AM UTC+1, James wrote:
On 21/04/18 15:03, Andre Jute wrote:

Jute: "In fact, there are all kinds of really good reasons for inflating bicycle tyres to the lowest you can get away with short of snake bites."

Joerg: "Right, and then you get a pinch flat or snake bite which is often unfixable in the field. All it takes is one pothole. No thanks."

After that, with all the goodwill in the world, I just give up.

LOL! The road out front of our place is like a mine field of potholes,
in some sections. I use my eyes to look for and avoid them. I actually
look up the road and scan the mine field for a path of least potholes,
and as such I can easily run only about 80 psi in my 25mm (measures
27mm) rear tyre, and not suffer pinch flats - that I could easily fix in
the field if I needed to.

--
JS

Years ago I was sitting in the pub below the Irish Examiner's office with a bunch of guys from the editorial floor. They told a story of a Kerryman cycling home from the pub who was so drunk he rode into a pothole and drowned. Scout's honour, they said when I choked on trying to keep a straight face. I don't recall the story ever making it into the paper, but I've heard it since in the country pubs...

Every time Joerg comes out with one of his — er — gems, I thank of that Kerryman.

AJ
Our potholes are bigger than your potholes

Here is a photo of the local road repair gang fixing a pothole.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bh8De5YhEq_/

--
JS

"Not that scruffy, sir!"

AJ
Punchline of the original scruffy-dog story