Old May 7th 18, 02:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Dynamo/LED power conditioning

On 5/6/2018 3:19 PM, AMuzi wrote:

I think Joerg meant that the automobile current from a 12~14VAC
alternator source gets run through a diode bride and then (as switched
by the regulator) through a lead-acid pile.

It's a lot of hardware for a bicycle I agree, but Joerg's seems to work
for Joerg's values of performance and efficiency. Frank & I prefer a
simple 6VAC tire drive dynamo...

For the record, I also have a couple hub dynamos. And two of my formerly
"tire drive" dynos are now rim drive.

But yes, I certainly prefer those to fussing with recharging or
replacing or remembering batteries.

--
- Frank Krygowski